Distance: 12 miles
Start: Craigellachie, in the Fiddich Park. Car parking.
Please be advised that Moray Council have closed the toilets and camping area at the Fiddich Park in Craigellachie. The parking still exists.
Finish: The former Ballindalloch Station. Car parking, toilets, camping area.
Circular options: Available in the Craigellachie, Aberlour and Carron areas. See maps of local footpath networks (available locally) and the Morayways website.
Terrain: Old railway, generally level. May be muddy in places after wet weather.
All abilities: The steps at the Aberlour suspension bridge have been replaced by ramps, thereby clearing the way for Tramper buggy access along this stretch.
Multi-use: Yes, this section is also suitable for cycling and horse riding. Horses must use the fords to by-pass the suspension bridges at Aberlour and Pitchroy. Box parking available at Craigellachie, Aberlour and Ballindalloch.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situated along this stage of the Speyside Way: COMING SOON
Useful Links and Information
- Section 1: Buckie to Spey Bay
- Section 2: Spey Bay to Fochabers
- Section 3: Fochabers to Craigellachie
- Section 4: Craigellachie to Ballindalloch
- Section 5: Ballindalloch to Grantown
- Section 6: Grantown to Nethy Bridge
- Section 7: Nethy Bridge to Boat of Garten
- Section 8: Boat of Garten to Aviemore
- Section 9: Tomintoul Spur Day – Ballindalloch to Tomintoul