Distance: 5 miles
Start: Nethy Bridge, by the former railway station.
Finish: Boat of Garten, by the railway Station.
Circular options: Yes, using RSPB footpaths and minor roads, see RSPB Loch Garten reserve map.
Terrain: Built paths, forest road.
All abilities: Yes, though there are some rougher sections and a short section with steep gradient (good surface).
Multi-use: Yes, this section is mostly accessible for use by both cycles and horses. Horseriders, however, should avoid the section of path which runs alongside the minor road at the southern end of the route – sections of boardwalk make this unsuitable for horses.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situated along this stage of the Speyside Way:
Mountview Hotel, Nethy Bridge
Mondhuie, 6 Nethy Bridge
Abernethy Bunkhouses, Nethy Bridge
Lazy Duck Hostel, Badanfhuarain, Nethy Bridge.
Moorfield House, Deshar Road, Boat of Garten
The Boat House B&B Deshar Road Boat of Garten
The Old Ferryman’s House, Boat of Garten
Fraoch Lodge Deshar Road, Boat of Garten
Loch Garten Lodges and Caravan Park, Loch Garten Road, Boat of Garten
Balciuin, Lynstock Park Nethy Bridge
Useful Links and Information
- Section 1: Buckie to Spey Bay
- Section 2: Spey Bay to Fochabers
- Section 3: Fochabers to Craigellachie
- Section 4: Craigellachie to Ballindalloch
- Section 5: Ballindalloch to Grantown
- Section 6: Grantown to Nethy Bridge
- Section 7: Nethy Bridge to Boat of Garten
- Section 8: Boat of Garten to Aviemore
- Section 9: Tomintoul Spur Day – Ballindalloch to Tomintoul