Distance: 5 miles
Start: Spey Bay, by the Wildlife Centre
Finish: The path arrives in Fochabers by coming under the A96 and along to the information board near the cricket pitch.
Circular options: There is a circular option within Warren Wood, using the forest road and the riverside track, otherwise no.
Terrain: Riverside and forestry tracks, some grassy path.
All abilities: No barriers, but a tricky section on top of the river embankment at the Birks where the track is squeezed between road and river. Can be by-passed by a short section on the B9104 – take care!
Other access points: Limited roadside parking available at the Birks. Also possible to access the route via the Garmouth Viaduct, from Garmouth.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situated along this stage of the Speyside Way:
Trochelhill Country House B&B Fochabers
The Rest, Spey Bay, Fochabers
Kay’s Guest House, 29 Westmorland Street, Fochabers
Grant Arms Hotel, 42 High Street, Fochabers
Parrandier, The Old Church of Urquhart, Meft Road, Urquhart
Seafield Arms Hotel, 73 New Street, Rothes
Burnside Caravan Park, Fochabers
Rosebank B&B, 30 Westmorland Street, Fochabers, Moray
Useful Links and Information
- Section 1: Buckie to Spey Bay
- Section 2: Spey Bay to Fochabers
- Section 3: Fochabers to Craigellachie
- Section 4: Craigellachie to Ballindalloch
- Section 5: Ballindalloch to Grantown
- Section 6: Grantown to Nethy Bridge
- Section 7: Nethy Bridge to Boat of Garten
- Section 8: Boat of Garten to Aviemore
- Section 9: Tomintoul Spur Day – Ballindalloch to Tomintoul