Distance: 15 miles
Start: Ballindalloch Station (an alternative start, cutting out some road walking and 2.5 miles, would be the Auldich Car Park)
Circular options: Circular options exist between Glenlivet and Tomintoul, following Crown Estate waymarked trails.
Terrain: This route rises to 1800 ft twice to very exposed locations and mainly uses rough hill tracks. Some sections are difficult to follow in snow. This is the hardest (and most spectacular) section of the Speyside Way.
All abilities: Not suitable for those with walking difficulties. No access for buggies or wheelchairs.
Multi-use: Use of much of this section by bicycles or horses is not sustainable because of ground conditions. However, some of the Crown Estate tracks provide multi-use opportunities.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situated along this stage of the Speyside Way: COMING SOON
Useful Links and Information
- Section 1: Buckie to Spey Bay
- Section 2: Spey Bay to Fochabers
- Section 3: Fochabers to Craigellachie
- Section 4: Craigellachie to Ballindalloch
- Section 5: Ballindalloch to Grantown
- Section 6: Grantown to Nethy Bridge
- Section 7: Nethy Bridge to Boat of Garten
- Section 8: Boat of Garten to Aviemore
- Section 9: Tomintoul Spur Day – Ballindalloch to Tomintoul