Distance: 6 miles
Start: Boat of Garten
Circular options: No waymarked options, but a route by the riverside via Kinchurdy Farm is possible. Dog owners please ensure your dog is under close control or on a short lead. Return is also possible via the Strathspey Railway, often under steam! See also the Community Website for other possibilities.
Terrain: Minor road, farm and estate track, SUSTRANS cycle route, Aviemore orbital footpath
All abilities: Yes, but there is an awkward section under the railway bridges on the Aviemore orbital footpath.
Barriers: Gates are all of the ‘self-closing bridleway’ type. There is one step on the Aviemore orbital footpath.
Multi-use: Possible to use this section by bicycle or on horseback. Part shared by SUSTRANS National Route 7.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situated along this stage of the Speyside Way: COMING SOON
Useful Links and Information
- Cairngorm Brewery
- Cairngorm Mountain Ranger Service
- Section 1: Buckie to Spey Bay
- Section 2: Spey Bay to Fochabers
- Section 3: Fochabers to Craigellachie
- Section 4: Craigellachie to Ballindalloch
- Section 5: Ballindalloch to Grantown
- Section 6: Grantown to Nethy Bridge
- Section 7: Nethy Bridge to Boat of Garten
- Section 8: Boat of Garten to Aviemore
- Section 9: Tomintoul Spur Day – Ballindalloch to Tomintoul