Distance: 6 miles
Start: Grantown on Spey – follow the signposts from the Square to the Speyside Way information Boards at the corner of the Anangach Woods, by the golf course.
Finish: Nethy Bridge. The Speyside Way arrives through the old station yard, and passes through the middle of the village.
Circular options: Yes, via the ‘Explore Abernethy’ footpath network.
Terrain: Easy, some forest road, some unclassified road, mostly old railway (with a mostly grassy surface).
All abilities: Under most conditions should be mostly accessible to Tramper buggies at least. There are narrow sections behind the Spey Valley Smokehouse and by Balliefurth Farm. Some gates to open/close. Leave them as you find them!
Multi-use: Yes, but gates to open/close as above.
B & B, Hotels and Guest Houses
Accommodation situated along this stage of the Speyside Way: COMING SOON
Useful Links and Information
- Section 1: Buckie to Spey Bay
- Section 2: Spey Bay to Fochabers
- Section 3: Fochabers to Craigellachie
- Section 4: Craigellachie to Ballindalloch
- Section 5: Ballindalloch to Grantown
- Section 6: Grantown to Nethy Bridge
- Section 7: Nethy Bridge to Boat of Garten
- Section 8: Boat of Garten to Aviemore
- Section 9: Tomintoul Spur Day – Ballindalloch to Tomintoul